Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway | General Tire 150 Race Recap
Team: No. 22 Crestliner Ford Fusion
Driver: Ty Majeski
Follow the Team: @ChadBryantRace; @tymajeski
Finish: 1st; Winner!; Running (109 | 109 laps completed)
• Majeski started eighth in his second ARCA Menards Series start of the season. He never ran worse than eighth the entire 109 laps.
• Minimal chassis adjustments allowed Majeski to maneuver his No. 22 Crestliner Ford Fusion through the field and swipe the lead away from Bret Holmes on Lap 95.
• Majeski took the lead on Lap 96 and withstood two attempts in ARCA Menards Series overtime to win his first career ARCA victory in his 11th series start.
• In two ARCA races this season, Majeski has finished fourth and first respectively at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway and Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway
• Majeski is slated to run a minimum of four more ARCA Menards Series races this season including Pocono (Pa.) Raceway on May 31, Michigan International Speedway (June 7), Chicagoland Speedway (June 27) and the season-finale at Kansas Speedway on Oct. 18.
• The General Tire 150 marked Chad Bryant Racing’s second career ARCA Menards Series victory since acquiring the assets of Cunningham Motorsports at the end of the 2017 season. Majeski’s teammate Joe Graf Jr. (No. 77 EAT SLEEP RACE Ford Fusion) earned his first career ARCA triumph and the team’s first victory at Berlin (Mich.) Raceway last August.
Ty Majeski Quote:
“This is unbelievable. After losing my ride this year, it was January or February before we finally put this together. Chad (Bryant, team owner) took a chance on me – we both had a lot to prove.
“Restarts were crazy tonight. “Clean air is king. The 23 (Bret Holmes) had two new tires and was able to hold off the 18 (Herbst) who had four tires because he had clean air. I worked the top and worked the top and was able to make up some ground and get around him.
“This is a great win for us. This is so freakin’ awesome. To end up in Victory Lane and get to do a Polish Victory Lap, it doesn’t get any better. I’m also stoked to get Crestliner a win in their first race with us. A night I won’t forget.”
Next Up: General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway on Fri., May. 31, 2019.
For more on Ty Majeski, please like him on Facebook (Ty Majeski Racing) and follow him on Instagram (@tymajeski_) and Twitter (@TyMajeski).
For more on Chad Bryant Racing, please like them on Facebook (Chad Bryant Racing) and follow them on Twitter (@ChadBryantRace). Also, visit the new ChadBryantRacing.com.